Energetic layers or subtle bodies create an interconnected field of energy around the physical body that is commonly known as the auric field. Each subtle body connects into the physical body via an energy point or chakra, which directs the energy into the physical body via the meridian system.
Exploring the Five Layers of the Human Energy Field
- The Physical Energy Body – This is the layer that we generally think of as our physical selves. Although we think of our bodies as a package consisting of flesh, bone, organs, and blood, our physical bodies are also energy, same as the other layers of the body that most people cannot see or sense on a physical level.
- The Etheric Energy Body – The second etheric layer of our energy body is located approximately one quarter to one half an inch (not more than one inch) from the physical body. Energy medicine practitioners who are adept at psychically sensing this layer have described it as feeling “webby.” Much like a spider web, it feels sticky, or stretchy. It is also gray or gray-blue in color. The etheric energy body has also been referred to as the blueprint or holograph of the physical body.
- The Emotional Energy Body – The emotional layer of our energy body is the third layer. Centrally located among the five layers this body is the keeper of our feelings. It is here where both our fears and jubilations reside. This layer can be quite volatile when we are experiencing extreme high and low emotions.
- The Mental Energy Body – It is the mental layer where our ideas spring from. Our belief systems are also stored here. This is where our thoughts are assimilated and sorted out. In this layer, our personal truths, or rather, our perceptions based on our experiences are housed.
- The Spiritual Energy Body – The spiritual layer of the human energy field is the final layer. It has been said to be the place where our “consciousness” or “higher awareness” resides.